1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Streets of Yesterday, a nostalgic faux downtown, on exhibit at House on the Rock. This photograph was used in the original brochure for House on the Ro...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Group of Civilian Conservation Corps workers standing at a table saw. One man, probably a supervisor, wears a hat and tie.

Date: 1924 

Description: The dam and four-story wooden mill on the Baraboo River. A bridge crosses the river on the left. There are houses and commercial buildings in the backgrou...

Photograph

The Red Tavern

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A deteriorating wooden structure with two gables on the front, identified as the Red Tavern between Kilbourn and Mauston, built in 1848.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Island Woolen Mill dam and bridge over the Baraboo River. In the foreground is a concrete "pergola" which shades a small bench. Molded into a concrete...

Photograph

Timme Mill

Date: 1925 

Description: View across lake of a four-story wooden mill with two wings, one with an oriel window. There is a building with a cupola, probably a granary, behind the mi...

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from unpaved street of the Commercial Hotel on a corner. There is a wagon on the left.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Three boys pose in front of Hillside Home School near Spring Green.

Photograph

McFetridge House

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Tudor Style stone and stucco home of E.P. McFetridge, president of the Island Woolen Mill Company.

Photograph

Landscape with Barn

Date: 1967-06 

Description: Landscape with brilliantly lighted barn in last rays of sunlight.

Photograph

Highcliff Cottage

Date: 1926-01 

Description: Highcliffe, a cottage with a large porch near the shore of Devil's Lake which was the meeting place of the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E....

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Hillside Home School.

Postcard

Trinity Church

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Colored postcard of the exterior of the stone church. There are four crosses, one on the bell tower, and three others at the corners of the roof. Windows a...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A two-story Victorian brick farmhouse with eave brackets, bay windows and a front porch with fretwork railing. The Baraboo bluffs are visible in the distan...

Photograph

House on the Rock

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of House on the Rock. Some of the view is obscured by trees growing in and around the roof of the walkway.

Photograph

Dodge Automobile

Date: 1938 

Description: W. L. Tarnutzer stands beside a 1914 Dodge automobile parked on the Sauk County courthouse square. A newer model Dodge with a woman beside it is parked beh...

Photograph

Sauk County Fair

Date: 1906 

Description: A double exposure of a landscape featuring a very large tree and farm houses superimposed on an image of buildings and crowds at the Sauk County Fairground...

Date: 1933 

Description: Colorized postcard of Devil's Lake and bluffs seen through the trees. Some of the trees have autumn color. A roof and chimney are visible. The text at the...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Hand-colored exterior view of Hillside Home School.

Date: 1925-04 

Description: View of the wood trellis fence and columns that frame the entrance gate to the Silver-Dale Resort. A group of people are sitting on the porch of a refreshm...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.