1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of a country road with a small barn in the distance. Trees are on the right and left, and foliage covers the ground.

May be based on...

Date: 1956 

Description: Cover for the 1956 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are some white flowers with green leaves, a lake, and some birds flying in t...

Date:  

Description: Painting, in the Wisconsin State Capitol, of "The Appeal of the Legionary to Caesar Augustus", one of four mural paintings by Albert Herter on the east wal...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Mural within the Wisconsin State Capitol depicting two women as "The seeker of knowledge at the shrine of wisdom".

Painting

Fort Sumter

Date:  date unknown

Description: A painting of a harbor view of Fort Sumter. A sailboat sails through the foreground waters, and the fort stands in the background, with a United States fl...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: On June 20, 1856 H√∂lzlhuber took a two-wheeled horse cart from the Lake Shore Railroad depot in Milwaukee to East Water Street and the home of his hosts, t...

Date: 1910 

Description: Painting, in the Wisconsin State Capitol, of "The Signing of the American Constitution", one of four mural paintings by Albert Herter on the west wall of t...

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Seifert's watercolor is fairly large, measuring 27" wide by 21" high, and provides a detailed depiction of a nineteenth century Wisconsin farm. The small s...

Painting

Bashford House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Bashford house located at 423 North Pinckney Avenue.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center . . . [One of them] is Little Chute, one of the pleasan...

Painting

A Winter Day

Date:  date unknown

Description: On the right, the farmer in his sheepskin coat drives a horsedrawn sled loaded with milk cans to the cheese factory. A blanket is covering the cans to prev...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1963 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a bright green and pink trillium. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded in...

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.