1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1963 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a bright green and pink trillium. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded in...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1023 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer. Winifred Ford, widow of Marcus For...

Painting

Corn Shredding

Date:  date unknown

Description: Two farm workers in the righthand foreground toss a corn bundle up to the horsedrawn corn shredding machine to be shredded. To the left, a man loads feed c...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hugo Ballin's "Spirit of Labor" mural from the Wisconsin State Capitol building.

Date: 1916-03-16 

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 900 block East Gorham Street, ca. 1862-1893

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date:  

Description: House was located at 530 N. Pinckney Street (this is not the house most strongly connected with Swenson called Thorstrand that still exists). According to...

Painting

Woodcutting Bee

Date:  date unknown

Description: Neighbors work together in the final process of sawing firewood, as they saw poles into blocks. The man with the plaid shirt and suspenders is the owner of...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painting of the second Fort Crawford, built 1829-1835. The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien was built in 1816, abandoned in 1826, r...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Painting

A Winter Day

Date:  date unknown

Description: On the right, the farmer in his sheepskin coat drives a horsedrawn sled loaded with milk cans to the cheese factory. A blanket is covering the cans to prev...

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Painting of farm depicting farmhouse, barn, and windmill. Located east of Gotham on Old Lone Rock Road.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: The magnificent Newhall House, a hotel that dwarfed the neighboring buildings, opened in 1857. H√∂lzlhuber completed this sketch for the Neue illustriert...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Painting

Portage Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "After painting a number of Fox River scenes, "the artists continued their way to Fond du Lac, at the south end of Lake Winnebago, where they found some mo...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of a country road with a small barn in the distance. Trees are on the right and left, and foliage covers the ground.

May be based on...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.