1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1960 

Description: Cover for the 1960 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are some vibrant purple flowers, with a lake in the background. The Wisconsi...

Date: 1842 ca.

Description: American Fur Company with both Mission churches. Sketch purportedly by a Native American youth. Probably an overpainted photographic copy enlargement. Pape...

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: At the beginning of his journey to America, Hölzlhuber passed through the English Channel and viewed the cliffs at Dover. "We passed Beachy Head, as this p...

Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Painting

Neckerman House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Neckerman house, located at 208-212 (210-214?) Monona Avenue, (now Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard), built by General David Atwood and his partner Ro...

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1860-04 ca.

Description: Accompanying this sketch is Hölzlhuber's description of his last foray from Milwaukee before leaving America. "Before my return to Europe, D. Brandis, the...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Benjamin Franklin Hopkins house, 142 East Gilman Street, built by Hopkins about 1850. The house was later owned by Dr. William Jacobs. The square bay...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painting of the second Fort Crawford, built 1829-1835. The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien was built in 1816, abandoned in 1826, r...

Date: 1939-09 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Hawley house, also called "The Evergreens" located on Route 4 (junction of Oregon Road and County Trunk D).

Date: 1963 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a bright green and pink trillium. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded in...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: Portrait of Milo Milton Quaife (1880-1959), serving as director and editor from 1914 to 1920.

Date: 1858 

Description: A depiction of groups of people viewing a panorama of landscapes on red walls in a large room, some seated at round tables. This sketch accompanies an Aust...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1916-03-16 

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 900 block East Gorham Street, ca. 1862-1893

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.