1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1973 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a river cascading over rocks, and some trees in the foreground. The Wisconsin...

Date: 1972 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a red wing blackbird perching on cattail flowers in a body of water. The Wisco...

Date: 1963 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a bright green and pink trillium. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded in...

Painting

Law Building

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Law Building, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by Charles S. Frost, and built in 1893 of Lake Superior brown sandstone.

Date: 1859-11 ca.

Description: From Holzlhuber's journal: "In November 1859, I went from St. Louis on the steamer 'Planet', a stately ship which offered every conceivable comfort; we we...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1969 

Description: Cover for the 1969 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a tree with white blossoms, yellow flowers, and a pathway leading up to a...

Painting

Woodcutting Bee

Date:  date unknown

Description: Neighbors work together in the final process of sawing firewood, as they saw poles into blocks. The man with the plaid shirt and suspenders is the owner of...

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Sunset from Lake Monona.

Painting

Walker Castle

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Date: 1856-05-07 ca.

Description: "Passing Beachy Head, this section of the English coast, on May 7, 1856. These white cliffs on the southern shore of England extend far beyond Dover, and c...

Painting

Music Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Music Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1851 as the first building on campus.

Date:  

Description: Painting, in the Wisconsin State Capitol, of "The Appeal of the Legionary to Caesar Augustus", one of four mural paintings by Albert Herter on the east wal...

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: Portrait of Milo Milton Quaife (1880-1959), serving as director and editor from 1914 to 1920.

Painting

Milking Time

Date:  date unknown

Description: A farm family takes part in milking time. The mother carries a milk can and a stripping bucket while the boy pushes milk cans on a cart toward the barn. Th...

Painting

Livesey House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Livesey house located at 719 E. Gorham Street.

Painting

A Winter Day

Date:  date unknown

Description: On the right, the farmer in his sheepskin coat drives a horsedrawn sled loaded with milk cans to the cheese factory. A blanket is covering the cans to prev...

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1960 

Description: Cover for the 1960 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are some vibrant purple flowers, with a lake in the background. The Wisconsi...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.