1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Highcliff Cottage

Date: 1926-01 

Description: Highcliffe, a cottage with a large porch near the shore of Devil's Lake which was the meeting place of the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E....

Date: 1949-05-03 

Description: William Frazier, village president, sits at a drug store counter visiting with druggist Burt Blank in the village of La Valle.

Date: 1949-05-03 

Description: John Gates, a farmer near La Valle, stands beside his tractor. He was once a saxophone player with a dance orchestra.

Date: 1906-07-13 

Description: Black and white postcard of the rock formation called the Great Stone Face in Devil's Lake State Park. A man is standing to the right of the "face". Trees...

Date: 1925 

Description: View from shoreline towards cottage at Weigands Bay, Lake Wisconsin. A pier and several small boats are along the shore, with a man posed sitting in a rowb...

Date: 1949-05-03 

Description: John Edwards, music director at Wonewoc high school, instructing six members of the La Valle junior high school band. Seated, from left, are Lula Mae Weidm...

Date: 1870 

Description: Baraboo was first settled around 1838, and by 1870 it had become the county seat and the thriving village illustrated here. This birds eye drawing depicts...

Date: 1912-11-21 

Description: An overview of the progress of construction within the coffer dam shows the gate guides and draft tubes in place. Concrete forms and chutes, as well as ti...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A general store counter at Weigands Bay. Two women are behind the counter, with boxes of cigars on display behind them. Other canned goods are on the shelv...

Date: 1952-01-03 

Description: One of the daughters of the Doctor Booher family sits with one of the pet dogs in the lower level family room of their new home overlooking the Baraboo riv...

Date: 1912-11-21 

Description: Two workmen stand in the outlet of a steel draft tube in the power house, while other men work above it. Cars move along the elevated trestle above.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Date: 1914-08-04 

Description: An interior view of the power house at the Prairie du Sac dam showing the switchboard.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A group of men stand next to the Badger Milk Train, which was part of the Sauk County Milk for Peace program. As the sign behind them notes, this program g...

Date: 1883 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin with an inset of Clifton.

Date: 1937 

Description: A view of brick-paved Fourth Avenue, with the Al. Ringling Theatre on the left. The theater, which has an ornate terra cotta facade, advertises its air-con...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A fleet of four pickup trucks of various makes and a larger truck, all advertising L.C. Welch Plumbing and Heating on the door. They are parked on a reside...

Date: 1925-03-02 

Description: Eight men comprising the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E. Cole, pose with a dog beside a house. They are left to right, Harold Baldwin, T.F...

Date: 1912-12-29 

Description: Elevated view of the progress within the coffer dam shows concrete forms around the draft tubes and gate guides. The high trestle is seen extending to the...

Photograph

Alice Kent Trimpey

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Mrs. Ephraim Burt Trimpey points to a zinnia blooming in a late summer garden. She wears a hat and fur trimmed coat.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.