1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Power dam construction workers pause during a meal in the camp dining room. Oil lamps hang from the ceiling; overhead electric lights are also installed.

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Cooks pose in the kitchen at the power dam workers' camp.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Photograph

Catholic Church

Date: 1924 

Description: Exterior of a church.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Date: 1954-07-11 

Description: Right fielder Bob Kessenich slides into home plate in a cloud of dust with Waunakee's sixth run in its 7-0 victory over Sauk-Prairie at Sauk City. Catcher...

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1965 

Description: James Kirchstein, Wisconsin's Very Live Radio (WVLR) station chief engineer and originator, inside his recording company, Sara Sound Productions, Inc. WVL...

Date: 1913-06-13 

Description: Workmen and machinery at the quarry on Blackhawk Bluff. The gravel was used in construction of the power dam.

Photograph

Store Interior

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The interior of a small food market with produce, beverages, canned goods and coolers. This appears to be the City Food Mart. There is a decorative pressed...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Front view of Cummings-Cooper house with woman standing in front. House was owned in 1940 by Mrs. H.F. Leindorff. House was built in 1857.

Photograph

High School

Date: 1918 

Description: View of the high school.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Date: 1925 

Description: Elevated view over dam and waterfall of a man in a bathing suit walking in the placid and shallow water above the dam. Behind him a boat is tethered along...

Photograph

Warren House Hotel

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Cars are parked along the side of the Warren Hotel, 102 Fourth Avenue at the corner of Oak Street. The hotel is a large two and one half-story stone struct...

Date: 1929-06-01 

Description: Bernard Arms (standing), uncle of Lewis Arms, shares a picnic with his neighbors Mr. and Mrs. (Betsy) Nofsinger.

Date: 1956-03-12 

Description: Sauk City School superintendent William Leahy goes over some basketball tournament details with Coach Bob Schrader while players Larry Breunig and Wayne Sc...

Date: 1911-04 

Description: Workmen pose on a steam-powered pile driver at work at the north end of the slough on the Wisconsin River. The railroad was extended from the village to t...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: View from road of vines and flower boxes brightening an otherwise unremarkable row of barracks type housing. There is an A & P Food Store on the right, wit...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.