1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Monument for Yellow Thunder, Chief of the Winnebago tribe. The inscriptions read, "Yellow Thunder, Chief of the Winnebago, born 1774 - died 1874. And his s...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view looking through the shop windows of the Fredie P. Wirth Lamp Shop. This image was used in the original brochure for the House on the Rock.

Photograph

Art and Music Room

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Art and Music Room was featured in the House on the Rock original brochure.

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: Members of the German-American Freie Gemeinde ("Free Thinkers") organization, posed in front of their building at Sauk City.

Photograph

Street Signs

Date: 1967-09 

Description: Street signs with bar in background.

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Photograph

Woman at Keyboard

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A woman in an old style dress stands in profile by a keyboard instrument with her left knee resting on a Gothic Revival chair. A candle burns in a brass ca...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Date: 1948-08-14 

Description: Prairie du Sac's 110th birthday float in Sauk County's Wisconsin Centennial Parade in downtown near park.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: Spectators watching a rowing shells race on Devil's Lake.

Photograph

Jacob Gasser Family

Date: 1898 

Description: Jacob Gasser family standing in front of farmhouse at Tower Rock Farm.

Photograph

Woolen Mill

Date: 1961-09-19 ca.

Description: View of a woolen mill, as seen from across a river and dam.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Devil's Lake Vicinity; boulder on top of a cliff at the foot of Devil's Doorway. Man sitting on rock ledge.

Date: 1925 

Description: View from bluff of Crystal Lake and surrounding rolling hills. There is a dairy farm in the foreground at the bottom of the bluff. Cows are grazing in fiel...

Date: 1911-11-05 

Description: A diver and team working to inspect the coffer dam for underwater damage caused by flooding.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Alex Jordan, creator of House on the Rock, eating and drinking with a group of men sitting around a table.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Stereoview of Devil's Lake with Turk's Head rock formation in the foreground.

Date: 1911 

Description: Steam-powered pile driver and centrifugal pump (in shed) at work at the Wisconsin River dam site. Men and children are watching the work.

Date:  

Description: Elevated view of the Hill Garden at Taliesin, featuring trees, low, stone fences, and a decorative statue. A woman stands on the steps on lower left.

Date: 1909 

Description: A mill, left, and a commercial building with attached residence stand in front of a wooded bluff. A woman crosses a small bridge near the mill.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.