1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 2008 

Description: Felix Ohrlien's gas station, at 105 Water Street, was built in 1944-45 and is still in use today, however it is now owned and operated by Dick Ambrose, who...

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Power dam construction workers pause during a meal in the camp dining room. Oil lamps hang from the ceiling; overhead electric lights are also installed.

Photograph

Aldo Leopold

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Caption on negative sleeve: "Aldo Leopold and son Luna (standing); Mrs. Leopold and two daughters Nina and Estella (kneeling). 'Shack' in background." The...

Date: 1922 

Description: View up a street lined with shops.

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Cooks pose in the kitchen at the power dam workers' camp.

Photograph

Art and Music Room

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Art and Music Room was featured in the House on the Rock original brochure.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View west from the Cliff House at Devil's Lake.

Photograph

Loganville Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The Loganville Mill, built in 1861. The owner was Joseph Mackey and the carpenter was Billy Palmer. Sacks of feed sit on a loading platform. There is a...

Photograph

Catholic Church

Date: 1924 

Description: Exterior of a church.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Date: 1931 

Description: View down driveway of the entrance sign to the Evergreen Retreat. In the background an automobile is parked near buildings and a flag on a flagpole.

Photograph

Mill House

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Mill House is another component of the compound at House on the Rock.

Photograph

Dad's Bar

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Customers standing outside the small bar are probably waiting to take the ferry across the river.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A crowd has gathered near a large cannon on the Sauk County courthouse square. There are drummers in military uniform and a group of youngsters in Scottish...

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Al. Ringling Theatre's auditorium from rear of stage.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Date: 1956-03-14 

Description: Group portrait of the Sauk City High School Cardinals basketball team.

Photograph

Dellwood Depot

Date: 1929 

Description: View down railroads tracks of train arriving at the Dellwood Depot. The movement of the train has caused multiple ghost images of the locomotive. A small g...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.