1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
.

Date: 1907 

Description: A view of the west bank of the Wisconsin River at Pounds Landing. This bluff is at the western end of the power dam which was constructed 1911-1914.

Date: 1912-05-17 

Description: Workmen pour concrete from the elevated railroad into forms below.

Date: 1912-05-31 

Description: Forms have been removed, revealing the newly poured buttresses and apron. A man is pushing a cart on the elevated road.

Date: 1912-05-09 

Description: Men with shovels work downstream from the east abutment, while others look on.

Date: 1912-11-02 

Description: Workmen use a crane to erect the gate guides for the power house.

Date: 1913-03-19 

Description: A view, looking east, of the wreckage of the high trestle caused by flooding and ice. The concrete plant is visible on the far bank.

Date: 1913-11-01 

Description: Wooden forms are in place for construction of the walls of the lock at the Prairie du Sac dam. The newly constructed power house is on the left.

Date: 1952-02-13 

Description: The Prairie du Sac High School basketball team plays Lodi on Friday night. If the Prairie du Sac team were to win the game, it would share the Tri-County L...

Date: 1912-05-10 

Description: Work progresses on the wooden concrete forms at the east side of the river. The steam-powered pile drivers are also visible.

Date: 1911-10-07 

Description: Rising waters of the Wisconsin River at the construction site. This view shows the coffer dam, pile drivers, and narrow gauge railroad. Note the partiall...

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Photographer's jewelry store and clock repair shop with a watch-shaped sign in front. In the window are a clock, jewelry box, and a rack with paper goods,...

Date: 1911-04-14 

Description: Completed two-story wood frame main office building at the site of the Wisconsin River dam.

Date: 1912-05-31 

Description: Workmen pose outside the dining hall before dinner.

Date: 1911-10-12 

Description: High water has scattered timber pilings through the construction camp. The office is on the right; the smoke stacks of the temporary power plant are visib...

Date: 1870 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Prairie du Sac.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Front view of Cummings-Cooper house with woman standing in front. House was owned in 1940 by Mrs. H.F. Leindorff. House was built in 1857.

Date: 1914-03-12 

Description: Office force and foremen pose in front of the south side of the power house at the Prairie du Sac dam.

Date: 1912-08-07 

Description: Men excavating within the coffer dam. One man stands on a high piling. Several steam engines at work fill the air with smoke. The high trestle and found...

Date: 1911-09-12 

Description: An overview of the dam site on the Wisconsin River from the west shore. Three pile drivers are at work on the coffer dam. The railroad trestle is in the...

Postcard

Taxidermist Cart

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A man in a suit and hat, and a ribbon on his lapel, poses in front of a cart with a sign that reads: "E.D. Ochsner, Taxidermist, Prairie du Sac, Wis." Bunt...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.