1 2 3
.

Date: 1908 

Description: The church was built in 1872.

Date: 1956 

Description: House with typical extension in rear.

Date: 1956 

Description: House with typical extension in rear.

Date: 1956 

Description: Corner of Canal and Congress streets, showing a building erected by James Sprague and Lyman D. Holford in 1880. Two stores occupied the ground floor, inclu...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1905 

Description: View of Main Street. F.L. Greer Dry Goods appears in the middle of the picture.

Photograph

CCC Camp Scene

Date: 1938 

Description: Elevated view of Civil Conservation Camp (CCC), tentatively identified as the Bloomington camp.

Date: 1900 after

Description: A view of the village of Bloomington.

Photograph

Former Flour Mill

Date: 1956 

Description: The stone building formerly housed the flour mill. The mill was established in 1852, but had pretty well gone out of business by 1895, by which time the po...

Date: 1864 

Description: The village, founded by Delos W. Taft, had its name changed to Bloomington in 1867. It had been named Tafton.

Date: 1916 

Description: A hotel, barbershop [?], and post office. The hotel has a roofed porch and chairs. A man stands under the awning of the barbershop, and another man leans a...

Photograph

Former Flour Mill

Date: 1956 

Description: The stone building formerly housed the flour mill. The mill was establishd in 1852, but had pretty well gone out of business by 1895, by which time the pon...

Date: 1956 

Description: High school.

Date: 1916 

Description: View of Main Street from the middle of the street looking down the street. Cars are parked on either side of the street. On the left side, there is a woman...

Photograph

Bird's Eye View

Date:  date unknown

Description: Bird's-eye view of Bloomington. In the open space, there are trees and a creek. In the developed area, there are stores, apartments, and barns. The buildin...

Date: 1956 

Description: The building was erected after a fire which destroyed most of the Bloomington business section in 1897. The bank was acquired by Peter Woodhouse and Patric...

Date: 1925 

Description: View of the church from across the intersection. The church building features a french door with a fanlight, arched windows, and a steeple.

Photograph

Roany House

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: House owned by Melvin Garthwaite of Bloomington, Wisconsin.

Postcard

Hotel Donnelly

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of the Hotel Donnelly. Men are standing and visiting on the porch. A sign on the corner reads "Hotel & Livery." Horse-drawn vehicles...

Date: 1956 

Description: School known as the "old stone school", the first public school building in Bloomington. The clock tower replaced the former bell tower.

Date: 1921 

Description: Cars are parked at the curbs along the shops. The visible shop signs are Guernsey Restaurant, Ludden's, Ludden's Store for Men, Billiard Hall, The Sanitary...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.