1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Ruins of the commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago, about 1898. Fort Winnebago was closed in 1845 and the land and buildings sold. Today, only the Surge...

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1898 

Description: The commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago.

Photograph

Guppey Guard

Date: 1877-06 

Description: The Guppey Guard, a Wisconsin state militia unit, in formation on a street in Portage.

Date: 1836-11 

Description: This map is pen-and-ink on paper and is a plat of a paper city on the Wisconsin River, in what is now the Town of Dekorra. The map shows lot and block numb...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Group of tourists and crew members on the bow deck of the DELL QUEEN, an excursion boat that operated on the Wisconsin River at Wisconsin Dells.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: A view of the office of the Wisconsin State Resister.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: The congregation of the Arlington Prairie Lutheran Church assembled at the side of the church and dressed for the cold. The church is a brick structure wi...

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Jim Short steering a raft riding the rough waters of the river.

Date: 1877 ca.

Description: H.A. Prensor and J.A. Ottesen and their families leaving the home of R. Daniel Rickelsen in Lodi.

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Fox-Wisconsin portage and canal map, when the canal was not yet built. From a map in the office of the city clerk at Portage. "The old trail, the location...

Date: 1875 

Description: Front and west side of Bennett Studio. There is a windmill behind the building.

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1834 

Description: Postcard reproduction of an oil painting of Fort Winnebago, which was built in 1827 by Major William Whistler and a detachment of the First Infantry.

Map or Atlas

Bird's-Eye of Poynette

Date: 1882 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Poynette, with one vignette.

Photograph

Yellow Thunder

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Studio portrait of Yellow thunder, a Winnebago Chief.

Date: 1874 

Description: Engraved view of Rood's Glen. A boy plays with a toy boat at bottom left while two men and a woman talk at bottom right. Two other figures can be seen in t...

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1897 ca.

Description: The commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago.

Date: 1830 

Description: Fort Winnebago, from original drawing by Jefferson Davis. Manuscript map.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: The State Register newspaper office. This paper was published by Andrew Jackson Turner, father of Frederick Jackson Turner noted historian. Andrew Jackson...

Date: 1854 

Description: Register of the Deed Office filed by the land surveyor and lawyer Alfred Topliff. The document includes detailed listings of city blocks. In the right hand...

Date: 1896 

Description: Formal portrait of the Kilbourn High School class.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.