1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1936 

Description: A view of the Indian Agency house after restoration.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1938-06 

Description: An interior view of the Indian Agency House, including three chairs made by J. Davis.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: An interior view of the parlor in the Indian Agency House.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: An interior view of the parlor in the Indian Agency house.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1938-06 

Description: View of the parlor with a Nunns and Clark piano, identical to the one owned by Juliette Kinzie when she resided in the house between 1830-1833.

Date: 1952-01-04 

Description: Mr. and Mrs. Bill Owens and Mr. and Mrs. William Mohr, members of the Bill Owens curling rink of Portage, pose at the second annual mixed bonspiel sponsore...

Photograph

Yellow Thunder

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Studio portrait of Yellow thunder, a Winnebago Chief.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: A view of the Indian Agency House near the site of Fort Winnebago. Built in 1832 for the Indian Agent to the Ho-Chunk Nation (Winnebago) John Harris Kinzie...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Carte-de-visite studio portrait of a small child sitting in a chair.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Indian Agency House before restoration.

Photograph

Portage Canal

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Steamboats docked in the Portage Canal, which was hand dug beginning in 1849 and completed in 1851. There are industrial buildings on either side of the ca...

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the Indian Agency House, before restoration. Built in 1832.

Photograph

Portage Canal

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: An aerial view of the Portage Canal, Fox and Wisconsin Rivers.

Photograph

Hall

Date: 1928 ca.

Description: A tiled hall area in the 1928 addition to the home of William Llewellyn and Zona Gale Breese. A small stairway is on the right. The walls are wood paneled.

Date: 1944-12-29 

Description: Reverend C.O. and Mrs. Grobber and daughters at WIBU radio station studio. Reverend Grobber is seated in front of a microphone, Mrs. Grobber and daughters...

Postcard

Cook Street

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Cook Street looking east.

Date: 1928 

Description: View down road towards a filling station near Portage. A man stands while filling his tank. Two boys stand nearby. Under large trees are two pumps, a small...

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Ruins of the commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago, about 1898. Fort Winnebago was closed in 1845 and the land and buildings sold. Today, only the Surge...

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Detail of the second floor rear window from the interior of the Fort Winnebago hospital.

Photograph

Indian Agency House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Indian Agency House before restoration.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.