1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1962 ca.

Description: Leslie H. Fishel, Jr. with a group of mostly women. He was the Director of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin from 1959 until 1969.

Date: 1917-08-23 ca.

Description: Man, possibly Joseph Brown, attending to an automobile on the road between Waukesha and Ionsman. Rural landscape and farm in the background.

Date: 1933 

Description: Southeast view of the Jesse Smith Cobbletone Inn.

Date: 1963 

Description: The "Pawnee Bill" circus wagon passes Notbohms furniture store and funeral home along a commercial street as a child looks on from the foreground. Multiple...

Photograph

Weaver Barn

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: View of the Weaver barn in which the first Episcopal church services were held between about 1842 - 1845.

Photograph

Railroad Depot

Date: 1941-11 

Description: View across railroad tracks of the Wisconsin Central Railroad depot at Sussex (formerly known as Templeton). Two cars are parked near the depot and a bagga...

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The Cushing Memorial State Park was established in 1915 by the State and the Waukesha County Historical Society. Its grounds, formerly the Cushing family h...

Photograph

Aviation Class

Date:  date unknown

Description: Group portrait of women enrolled in an aviation class.

Photograph

La Belle Lake

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview from east side of La Belle Lake.

Date: 1933 

Description: Southeast view of the Jesse Smith Cobblestone Inn.

Date: 1933 

Description: View from the northwest of the Merton Baptist Church.

Photograph

Church

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Exterior of church.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Wisconsin Central Railway's locomotive # 96 at the Waukesha depot.

Date: 1936 

Description: Label submitted to the state of Wisconsin for trademark registration. "Fox Head '400 Beer,' Fox Head Waukesha water Used Exclusively, Bottles for Fox Head...

Photograph

Hotdog Cookout

Date: 1965-05-15 

Description: Girl Scouts cooking hotdogs over an open fire. The Great Blue Heron council weekend campout was held at Hartland Sportsman's Club grounds.

Photograph

Skofstad Cabin

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Front of Skofstad cabin, possibly the oldest building in the settlement. An early pastor of a Norwegian Luthern Church, Reverend Stub, lived here at one ti...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Waldheim Park Sanatorium boat house.

Date: 1933 

Description: Northwest view of the Jesse Smith Cobblestone Inn.

Date: 1936 

Description: Southeast elevation of the Vanderpool farmhouse.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Cistercian Abbey of Cistercian Fathers, Our Lady of Spring Bank in winter. Formerly a resort hotel on Oconomowoc Lake, called Spring Bank.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.