1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Map or Atlas

City Map of Janesville

Date: 1873 

Description: This map shows landownership and acreages, lot and block numbers, roads and railroads, marshes, schools, churches, mills, rural buildings, and quarries. Re...

Drawing

The Rock River

Date: 1868 ca.

Description: The Rock River.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Map showing a plat of the city, land ownership by name, wards by number, local streets, buildings, fair grounds, nurseries, and part of Rock River. The map...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Looking northwest from the Methodist Episcopal Church, Main Street, with trolley track running down the center of the street.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Photograph

No. 1 Cotton Mill

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The No. 1 Cotton Mill. Plank sidewalk in foreground.

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Pastor Claus Friman Magelssen (1830-1904), his second wife Marie Schlambusch Magelssen, and their family sit around a table set for coffee....

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: "Mineral spring pavilion with visitors taking the waters." Seven adults, including a man in a top hat, five children and a woman are posed in a gazebo buil...

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: Milwaukee Street looking west with small dog in foreground.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the Rock County Court House.

Photograph

The Lappin Block

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: The Lappin block, Ed. Carpenter, proprietor. Businesses on this block include: Bort, Baily & Co., Dry Goods and Carpets; A.F. Hall & Co., "The Reliable Jew...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Pauline pottery building. Standing in front are the potters who work there.

Map or Atlas

Clinton, Wisconsin

Date: 1871 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Clinton.

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View of the Koshkonong Hotel (later the Lakehouse Inn), a stone and brick hotel with a parapet roof on Maple Beach Road. People are in front of the inn. Ha...

Photograph

Milton Academy

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: In 1844 Joseph Goodrich founded Milton Academy and built the first gravel and mortar building in the town. (Note that the Milton House is often called the...

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Pastor Claus Friman Magelssen (1830-1904), his second wife Marie Schlambusch Magelssen, and their family sit around a table set for coffee in the foregroun...

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: Family around table in yard, with woman knitting and dog nearby. Small stone house behind wood fence. The house has a small frame addition, probably a kitc...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: "Mineral spring pavilion with visitors taking the waters." Well-dressed men, women and children are posed in a gazebo built over the Iodo-Magnesian Springs...

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from the cupola of the old Jefferson School. The large building in the upper left is the Hyatt House, which burned in 1867.

Photograph

J.K.P. Porter House

Date: 1865 before

Description: Family portrait of the Porters, standing in front of their log cabin with a horse.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.