1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Photograph

J.K.P. Porter House

Date: 1865 before

Description: Family portrait of the Porters, standing in front of their log cabin with a horse.

Photograph

Dodge Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view over river of Dodge Street in Janesville looking west.

Photograph

Mary C. and Grandpa

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: An elderly man stands in a room holding a small girl. Caption on negative reads, "Mary C. and Grandpa."

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Several looms in the instructional weaving facility at the State School for the Blind.

Date: 1890-06-18 ca.

Description: Group portrait outdoors of the reunion of Company F, 16th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry, held at the farm of George W. Dibble in Rock County. Back row, left...

Photograph

Men with Oxen

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Sod-breaking plow with five yoke of oxen.

Photograph

No. 1 Cotton Mill

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The No. 1 Cotton Mill. Plank sidewalk in foreground.

Date: 1853 

Description: Map covers area between the cities of Janesville and Kenosha in Rock, Walworth, and Kenosha counties for railroad routes. Lakes and counties are labelled....

Date: 1895 after

Description: Drawing of the Edward Dwight Eaton Chapel at Beloit College. Note on the drawing says: "Patton & Fisher Archts, Chicago."

Print

Union Rally

Date: 1864-09-10 

Description: Civil War handbill promoting Union recruitment.

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: View of the Orfordville Lutheran Church, built in 1871-1872, surrounded by a white picket fence. The pastor at the time of the photograph was Johannes Mull...

Date: 1877 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Janesville on the Rock River.

Date: 1881 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Milton Junction.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from the cupola of the old Jefferson School. The large building in the upper left is the Hyatt House, which burned in 1867.

Map or Atlas

City Map of Janesville

Date: 1873 

Description: This map shows landownership and acreages, lot and block numbers, roads and railroads, marshes, schools, churches, mills, rural buildings, and quarries. Re...

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: An interior view of the front parlor at 165 N. High Street.

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: This map of Beloit shows labeled wards, plat of town, roads, railroads, the Rock River, city boundaries, and land ownership by name. The back of the map is...

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: View, from a distance, of Fulton Street in Edgerton. A church is in the distance.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind where Louisa May Alcott attended school. Writing on the photo reads "Institution for the Education of the Bl...

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: The Kimball and Lowell Hardware Store located on the corner of Franklin and Milwaukee Streets.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.