1 2 3 4 5
.

Date: 1876 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind.

Photograph

The Lappin Block

Date: 1892 ca.

Description: The Lappin block, Ed. Carpenter, proprietor. Businesses on this block include: Bort, Baily & Co., Dry Goods and Carpets; A.F. Hall & Co., "The Reliable Jew...

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: The Institution for the Education of the Blind where Louisa May Alcott attended school. Writing on the photo reads "Institution for the Education of the Bl...

Map or Atlas

City Map of Janesville

Date: 1873 

Description: This map shows landownership and acreages, lot and block numbers, roads and railroads, marshes, schools, churches, mills, rural buildings, and quarries. Re...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: View from the south with a railroad in the foreground, river in the middle distance, and Janesville in the background.

Date: 1890-06-18 ca.

Description: Group portrait outdoors of the reunion of Company F, 16th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry, held at the farm of George W. Dibble in Rock County. Back row, left...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: The State Institute for the Blind. A school free for blind children of Wisconsin and attended by Louisa May Alcott.

Photograph

View of Janesville

Date: 1860 after

Description: Elevated view of Janesville with a residential area in the foreground and the business district in the background.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from the cupola of the old Jefferson School. The large building in the upper left is the Hyatt House, which burned in 1867.

Date: 1874 ca.

Description: Men and boys stand in front of a wagon shop, probably in Edgerton, on Fulton Street. Wagons, wheels, yokes and farm implements surround them. A ramp behind...

Date: 1878 ca.

Description: This is possibly a Gullik K. Springen family portrait.

Photograph

L.H. Wheeler

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Studio portrait of Mrs. Harriet Wood Wheeler, wife of Leonard Hemenway Wheeler, at the age of 74.

Date: 1885 after

Description: Stereograph view of Memorial Hall at Beloit College.

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: This map of Beloit shows labeled wards, plat of town, roads, railroads, the Rock River, city boundaries, and land ownership by name. The back of the map is...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Music recital room at the State School for the Blind with seven rows of seating, a piano and cello. Adorning the front wall is the Latin phrase "Lux Oritur...

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: This map shows a plat of the city, land ownership by name, wards by number, local streets, buildings, fair grounds, nurseries, and part of Rock River. The...

Photograph

Jefferson School

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Jefferson School, built on the site of the first cemetery in Janesville.

Map or Atlas

Edgerton, Wisconsin

Date: 1871 

Description: Like many southeastern Wisconsin villages, Edgerton was settled by Yankee immigrants in the 1830s. Though this view gives no indication of it, by 1871 toba...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Pauline pottery building. Standing in front are the potters who work there.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.