1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1924 

Description: A woman and her dog standing at the doorway of a concrete block milk house.

Photograph

Johnson House

Date: 1925 

Description: A man sits on the porch of the Johnson House hotel. The large wooden structure has a standing seam metal roof and tall chimney. "Johnson House" is painted...

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: This blue line print map shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, some landownership, roads, and railroads. The map includes manuscript annotations of a...

Photograph

Service Station

Date: 1979-11-18 

Description: An electrical box on a wooden pole is in the center foreground. Behind it is a street, and on the other side of the street is a Phillips 66 service station...

Photograph

Miller House

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Miller house, Tolles Road, Porter Township, built around 1845.

Date: 1927-07-15 

Description: Survey and development plan of the home grounds area of Mr. and Mrs. George S. Parker, drawn in red, black, and brown ink.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Union veterans, some holding a banner reading "Iron Brigade," marching on a downtown street in a parade during a state encampment.

Date: 1973 

Description: This map is a photocopy of the original plat of Beloit from 1838. The map shows labeled roads, lots, and rivers.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Colorized postcard of the Chicago & Northwestern Railway Depot at Beloit.

Date: 1958-10-31 

Description: View of one of the 14 stations-of-the-cross glass mosaic panels recently installed at St Patrick's Catholic Church in Janesville. In this panel, Christ is...

Date: 1917 after

Description: Original factory of the Highway Trailers Company in Edgerton. Beginning in 1909 the factory was the site of a wagon works, but in 1917 it made a rather ty...

Postcard

Carnegie Library

Date: 1911 before

Description: Hand-colored postcard showing an exterior view of the Carnegie Library. A small group of children is gathered on the stairs at the front of the building.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Looking down West Church Street, lined with trees.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Frances Willard School house built in 1853.

Photograph

Dean's Barn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The barn of W.A. Dean, built in 1844 and used as a stage barn in the stage coach days. The barn's foundation, silo, and milk room are newer.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The home of S.C. Chambers.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Beloit.

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. The library opened in 1903 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie at $30,000 and Eldred at $10,000. The reverse...

Date: 1958-10-31 

Description: Portrait of Clemens Rath, head of Rath Church Decorating Service, 3331 University Avenue, standing beside a glass mosaic window made by the firm for St. Pa...

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Safety Patrol training class at a rural Rock County school.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.