1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. Among the room are reading tables, bentwood chairs, light fixtures hanging from the tall ceiling, and two c...

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. There are several display cases filled with taxidermy, including a pelican, and coral. There is a deer head...

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. The library opened in 1903 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie at $30,000 and Eldred at $10,000. The reverse...

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1952-08 

Description: View of Tallman House from driveway.

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: View of the Tallman House through the trees in the front garden.

Date: 1958-10-31 

Description: View of one of the 14 stations-of-the-cross glass mosaic panels recently installed at St Patrick's Catholic Church in Janesville. In this panel, Christ is...

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: Sleeping quarters at the State School for the Blind, with four single beds, a dresser, a chair, and a table.

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: View of the set table in the dining room with the fireplace, mirror and windows in the background.

Photograph

Dodge Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view over river of Dodge Street in Janesville looking west.

Photograph

Toledo Scale

Date: 1928-01-08 

Description: Man using a Toledo scale at the Mernick Dairy.

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1952 

Description: View toward the kitchen from the first floor hallway.

Photograph

Janesville House

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: A frame house once occupied by the family of Jenkin Lloyd Jones just before they moved to Chicago. His son, Richard Lloyd Jones was born in Janesville in...

Date: 1873 

Description: Atlas map of Janesville township.

Date:  

Description: An event at Frances Willard School.

Photograph

Jefferson School

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Jefferson School, built on the site of the first cemetery in Janesville.

Date: 1956 

Description: The First Lutheran Church on the corner of Randall and Milwaukee Streets.

Date: 1924 

Description: This map of Janesville was distrusted by the Fifield Lumber Company and features labeled streets, the Rock River, and Fifield Lumber Company buildings in r...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the old High School building.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: This map shows a plat of the city, land ownership by name, wards by number, local streets, buildings, fair grounds, nurseries, and part of Rock River. The...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Institution for the Education of the Blind.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.