1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Panoramic view of Samson Tractor Factory with employees in front of building.

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: An interior view of the front parlor at 165 N. High Street.

Date: 1927-07-15 

Description: Survey and development plan of the home grounds area of Mr. and Mrs. George S. Parker, drawn in red, black, and brown ink.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Union veterans, some holding a banner reading "Iron Brigade," marching on a downtown street in a parade during a state encampment.

Date: 1958-10-31 

Description: View of one of the 14 stations-of-the-cross glass mosaic panels recently installed at St Patrick's Catholic Church in Janesville. In this panel, Christ is...

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: Right side view of Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway locomotive engine no. 632.

Postcard

Carnegie Library

Date: 1911 before

Description: Hand-colored postcard showing an exterior view of the Carnegie Library. A small group of children is gathered on the stairs at the front of the building.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Frances Willard School house built in 1853.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from the cupola of the old Jefferson School. The large building in the upper left is the Hyatt House, which burned in 1867.

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. The library opened in 1903 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie at $30,000 and Eldred at $10,000. The reverse...

Date: 1958-10-31 

Description: Portrait of Clemens Rath, head of Rath Church Decorating Service, 3331 University Avenue, standing beside a glass mosaic window made by the firm for St. Pa...

Date: 1981-05 

Description: Former Harrison OK Used Car lot, Center Avenue (US Highway 51).

Date: 1987 

Description: Employees of the General Motors plant in head to work.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Janesville from the High School building.

Photograph

Rock Prairie Barn

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Barlass barn in Rock Prairie, built in 1861, thought to be the largest stone barn remaining in Wisconsin. The stone for this barn was hauled from Carver's...

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Exterior of Congregational Church.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Workers in the Parker Pen Screw Machine Department.

Photograph

Tallman House

Date: 1952 

Description: View toward the kitchen from the first floor hallway.

Date: 1931 

Description: A man using an International Harvester No. 1 Hammer Mill on the farm of Herman Wilke.

Date:  

Description: An event at Frances Willard School.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.