1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Magnolia Cheese Factory.

Date: 1925 

Description: A worn, painted wooden sign reads: "Temperance House by J. Child 1852." It was "at Lima Center, the first house south of the cemetery on the main road bet...

Photograph

No. 1 Cotton Mill

Date: 1893 ca.

Description: The No. 1 Cotton Mill. Plank sidewalk in foreground.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of the old Beloit Public Library. There is a bicycle lying on the lawn near the front entrance.

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: View of the Orfordville Lutheran Church, built in 1871-1872, surrounded by a white picket fence. The pastor at the time of the photograph was Johannes Mull...

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the Beloit Public Library. There are reading tables with large lamps, bentwood chairs, and bookshelves throughout the room.

Date: 1960-07-17 

Description: Participants at the dedication of the Albion Academy historical marker, from left to right, include, Judge Sverre Roang, program chairman, Dr. Leslie H. Fi...

Date: 1958-10-31 

Description: Portrait of Clemens Rath, head of Rath Church Decorating Service, 3331 University Avenue, standing beside a glass mosaic window made by the firm for St. Pa...

Photograph

Dean's Barn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The barn of W.A. Dean, built in 1844 and used as a stage barn in the stage coach days. The barn's foundation, silo, and milk room are newer.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Locomotive engine #8240 of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad Company.

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Pastor Claus Friman Magelssen (1830-1904), his second wife Marie Schlambusch Magelssen, and their family sit around a table set for coffee....

Date: 1963-10-15 

Description: The two sons of Dr. Evert and Phyllis Wallenfeldt are shown playing with their wirehaired dog, Chips, in the leaves on the family lawn. Jeffrey, 7, is on...

Photograph

Dodge Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view over river of Dodge Street in Janesville looking west.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Exterior of the second Rock County Court House which stood from 1896 to 1955. The Architect was E. Townsend Mix.

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: A homestead built in 1844, and hence a "century homestead" in Rock Prairie.

Photograph

Skavlem Monument

Date: 1925 

Description: The dedication ceremony of the Skavlem Monument, lead by Rev. Gustav Stearns. The monument was dedicated to the "oldest Norwegian immigrant", born 1760, di...

Photograph

Industrial Building

Date: 1981-05 

Description: Industrial building, located at North Main Street at Pease Court.

Photograph

Farmer's Birthday

Date: 1983-07-07 

Description: John Fitzsimmons and Barton Voegeli take a break from discing the fields to eat the birthday cake that Voegeli's wife made to celebrate the occasion.

Date:  

Description: Parking lot behind Ace Hardware. A few cars are parked, and behind them is a Dairy Queen on the right. In the center on a low hill is the support structure...

Photograph

Kreb's Pharmacy

Date: 1947-12-29 

Description: Interior of Kreb's Pharmacy, with the soda fountain and customers in booths.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.