1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Panoramic view of Samson Tractor Factory with employees in front of building.

Date: 1924 

Description: A woman and her dog standing at the doorway of a concrete block milk house.

Photograph

Johnson House

Date: 1925 

Description: A man sits on the porch of the Johnson House hotel. The large wooden structure has a standing seam metal roof and tall chimney. "Johnson House" is painted...

Photograph

Service Station

Date: 1979-11-18 

Description: An electrical box on a wooden pole is in the center foreground. Behind it is a street, and on the other side of the street is a Phillips 66 service station...

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: An interior view of the front parlor at 165 N. High Street.

Photograph

Miller House

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Miller house, Tolles Road, Porter Township, built around 1845.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Union veterans, some holding a banner reading "Iron Brigade," marching on a downtown street in a parade during a state encampment.

Date: 1958-10-31 

Description: View of one of the 14 stations-of-the-cross glass mosaic panels recently installed at St Patrick's Catholic Church in Janesville. In this panel, Christ is...

Date: 1886 ca.

Description: Right side view of Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway locomotive engine no. 632.

Photograph

John M. Hoyt

Date:  

Description: Waist-up carte-de-visite portrait of Captain John M. Hoyt, Company K, 7th Wisconsin Infantry.

Date: 1917 after

Description: Original factory of the Highway Trailers Company in Edgerton. Beginning in 1909 the factory was the site of a wagon works, but in 1917 it made a rather ty...

Date:  date unknown

Description: In the foreground, Erik Jensen, a minister with his hat in hand, shakes K. Doxstad's hand. Nearby a toddler pulls his own baby carriage. Two carriages, a b...

Photograph

Dean's Barn

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The barn of W.A. Dean, built in 1844 and used as a stage barn in the stage coach days. The barn's foundation, silo, and milk room are newer.

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from the cupola of the old Jefferson School. The large building in the upper left is the Hyatt House, which burned in 1867.

Date: 1903 ca.

Description: Interior view of the Janesville Public Library. The library opened in 1903 and was funded by Andrew Carnegie at $30,000 and Eldred at $10,000. The reverse...

Date: 1958-10-31 

Description: Portrait of Clemens Rath, head of Rath Church Decorating Service, 3331 University Avenue, standing beside a glass mosaic window made by the firm for St. Pa...

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Safety Patrol training class at a rural Rock County school.

Photograph

Electric Sign

Date:  

Description: An electric sign for "The Manor / 2 Blocks / Dining" towers over a long, one-story building.

Date: 1978-06-22 

Description: View of carnival with a water tower in the background. There are trailers, and a carousel is on the left. Carts selling food like popcorn and sausage are p...

Date: 1981-05 

Description: Former Harrison OK Used Car lot, Center Avenue (US Highway 51).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.