1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Roy Trading Post

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of the Roy trading post, built in about 1857.

Date: 1933-09-21 

Description: Employees of Anderson & Sons, a Minneapolis construction company, surfacing and curing USH 53 in Douglas County.

Photographs of Public Libraries in Wisconsin

Learn about how the Wisconsin Free Library Commission helped to establish and improve free public libraries in Wisconsin.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Black and white postcard of the President's Dining Lodge on the Brule River surrounded by trees. A bridge can be seen on the left. The text below reads "Pr...

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: Black and white postcard of Cedar Island Lodge, located on the Brule River, owned by Henry Clay Pierce, businessman and financier. It was dubbed the Summer...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Douglas County Museum.

Photograph

Nemadji River

Date: 1953 ca.

Description: Nemadji River at the foot of 2nd Avenue and Robertson Avenue.

Date: 1947-08 

Description: Exterior view of the Tyomies Publishing Company building. The 6th Street Cafe is visible next door.

Date: 1907 

Description: This map of Superior and the vicinity shows selected company properties, railroads, and roads in a portion of Douglas County. The map reads: "Copyrighted 1...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View of a lighthouse.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the Great Northern grain elevator.

Date: 1928 ca.

Description: Stamp for Wisconsin created during or after President Calvin Coolidge's 1928 summer visit to Wisconsin. President Coolidge spent the summer fishing on the...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: View of Tower Avenue, looking north. A drugstore can be seen on the corner (right), as can an auto parts store.

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: From Holzlhuber's journal: "Cordes bought his cultivated land from an Irishman and built for himself in 1859 a nice brick dwelling house. Because of the r...

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Illustrated view of Superior.

Photograph

Davidson Windmill

Date: 1933 ca.

Description: A windmill with eight vanes stands along an unpaved road. The mill was built by Jacob Davidson in 1904 to grind flour and livestock feed. Davidson hand-hew...

Date: 1937-07-06 

Description: Dedication ceremony for the dam on the St. Croix River that is now part of the Gordon Dam County Park. Construction on this dam was begun as a WPA project...

Photograph

Bong P-38 Memorial

Date: 1950 

Description: An early view of the Richard Ira Bong Memorial - a P-38, although not a plane that Bong himself flew. The plane was acquired from the Air Force by the loca...

Photograph

Superior Depot

Date: 1939-09-10 

Description: View down railroad tracks towards the Central Avenue depot and the railroad crossing.

Date: 1893-04 

Description: Captain Abe McDougall's whaleback boat, docked at the American Steel Barge Company.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.