1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1894 

Description: This map shows lot and block numbers, railroads, street car tracks, sewers, water mains, gas mains, paved streets, land owned by the Land & River Improveme...

Photograph

Arrowhead Bridge

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View of the Arrowhead Bridge at the Duluth-Superior Harbor.

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Aerial view with docks in the foreground.

Date: 1863 ca.

Description: This map of Superior shows Montgomery's Addition. An inset map shows the south west end of Lake Superior where Montgomery's Addition is located. The map re...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View of a lighthouse.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Avery House, with groups of people gathered on its porches and balcony.

Photograph

Superior Depot

Date: 1939-09-10 

Description: View down railroad tracks towards the Central Avenue depot and the railroad crossing.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View of the coke ovens at the Lehigh Coal and Iron Company with men posing in the foreground.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye view of Superior, Wisconsin.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Young Men's Christian Association building.

Photograph

City Hall

Date: 1934 

Description: Exterior view of City Hall on 10th and Hammond Avenue.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Close-up view of the Military Road marker design, which honors the pioneers who established the first settlement in Superior.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View of the Barry Room, containing Sioux Indian relics, at the Douglas County Historical Museum.

Postcard

Tower Avenue

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: View of Tower Avenue. A furniture store is located on the left side of the street and a shoe store is visible in the distance on the right.

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Bird's-eye map of Superior. "The New Steel Center."

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the harbor.

Date: 1905 

Description: The Evergreen Park Cottage Sanatorium, where in 1903 Dr. W.B. Hopkins opened the first tuberculosis sanatorium in Wisconsin. Financial problems caused the...

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Superior Public Library.

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Chronicle newspaper office, the first building on the townsite of Superior, built in 1853 by William C. Howenstine, John T. Morgan, and August Zachau.

Photograph

The Russell Block

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Russell Block, 1606-1608 Tower Avenue. The 1899 City Directory makes the first mention of New York Furriers, Simmons and Malik, proprietors. New York F...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.