1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Tall trees in a snowy forest on a sunny day.

Date: 1964 

Description: Rabbi Mayer Relles after performing a wedding at Superior Hebrew Congregation.

Photograph

Brule Schoolhouse

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: Large white building with facade details and bell tower.

Date: 1893-04 

Description: Captain Abe McDougall's whaleback boat, docked at the American Steel Barge Company.

Photograph

Bardon Residence

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Richard Bardon residence, with a man standing in front of it.

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Several men are working with logs and equipment in Brule River State Forest.

Photograph

Superior Depot

Date: 1939-09-10 

Description: View down railroad tracks towards the Central Avenue depot and the railroad crossing.

Photograph

The Russell Block

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Russell Block, 1606-1608 Tower Avenue. The 1899 City Directory makes the first mention of New York Furriers, Simmons and Malik, proprietors. New York F...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Black and white postcard of the President's Dining Lodge on the Brule River surrounded by trees. A bridge can be seen on the left. The text below reads "Pr...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Avery House, with groups of people gathered on its porches and balcony.

Photograph

Davidson Feed Mill

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Davidson feed mill near the Amnicon River.

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Several piles of logs along a logging road waiting for truck pick up.

Date: 1997 

Description: The steel and reinforced concrete grain elevator built by the Great Northern Railroad at Superior about 1900. This contemporary photograph was taken to acc...

Date: 1960 

Description: Rabbi Mayer Relles after performing a wedding.

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: "Mexican Room" at the Bellwood. The room has many chairs, tables and lamps, and a brick fireplace is on the left. Three plants in a holder stand in front o...

Date: 1855 ca.

Description: Chronicle newspaper office, the first building on the townsite of Superior, built in 1853 by William C. Howenstine, John T. Morgan, and August Zachau.

Date: 1962-04 

Description: An old growth Norway pine forest in the Brule River Valley.

The photograph is annotated by Ed [Mar?] Harrold: "Those are very nice norway. I am wondering...

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Semi-panoramic view of rapids, water pouring near the dam of the Great Northern Paper Company.

Photograph

Buckhorn Tavern

Date: 1949 

Description: Customers sit at the bar in the Buckhorn Tavern.

Photograph

Trout Fishing

Date:  

Description: Eight men trout fishing on the Brule River.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.