1 2 3
.

Date: 1947-08 

Description: Exterior view of Workers' Hall.

Photograph

Suomi Synod Church

Date: 1947-07 

Description: Exterior view of Suomi Synod Church. A farm is visible in the distance.

Date: 1922 

Description: Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey soil map of Wisconsin supplemented by promotional materials about the County's prospects, schools and agric...

Date: 1889 ca.

Description: Elevated view of group gathered and posed on a new street. Behind the group is a large pile of lumber, wooden sidewalks, and what appear to be newly-constr...

Date: 1891 

Description: Photograph of a painting by May Conniff Frost showing the tugboat Record of the Inman Line pulling a lake schooner through rough waters into Superio...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Front cover and Milk Bar flap from the menu at the Hotel Superior Badger Room, with the name of the hotel set against a circular backdrop and a three-quart...

Date: 1891 

Description: Exterior view of the West Superior Hotel. There are pedestrians, a street car, and people riding in horse-drawn carriages on the street in front of the hot...

Date:  

Description: Exterior view of the St. Joseph Orphanage with lion statues at the entrance.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: A one-story building is situated amongst young evergreens and surrounded by stone walls containing river raceways for spawning fish. A group of people are...

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: Aerial bridge and harbor, with a large boat passing underneath. A lampost and a lighthouse are on the left of the image.

Date: 1947-07 

Description: Wentworth Farmers' Cooperative Association store organized in 1919 by a group of Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish farmers.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of a dormitory at Wisconsin State Normal College.

Date: 1914 ca.

Description: This 1914 map of Douglas County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, roads, railroads, Indian trails, schoo...

Date: 1947-08 

Description: Exterior view of the Tyomies Publishing Company building. The 6th Street Cafe is visible next door.

Photograph

The Russell Block

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Russell Block, 1606-1608 Tower Avenue. The 1899 City Directory makes the first mention of New York Furriers, Simmons and Malik, proprietors. New York F...

Date:  

Description: Interior view of the chapel in St. Joseph Orphan Home.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Webster Manufacturing Company, with an elevated view of the company complex on the left, and a single rocking chair on the right.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the remnents of the Minnesota Point Lighthouse.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Douglas County Courthouse.

Date: 1937 

Description: Exterior view of the U.S. Courthouse and U.S. Post Office.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.