1 2 3
.

Date:  ca.

Description: An artist's rendition of the Wisconsin State Historical Society as seen from Bascom Hill.

Date: 1884 

Description: A sign for Fauerbach's Brewery depicting a young woman and the brewery. It was Madison's first brewery in 1848 and run by Peter Sprecher until bought by Pe...

Date: 1883 

Description: Tonyawatha Spring Hotel from a descriptive brochure. The hotel opened in 1879 and was destroyed by fire on July 31, 1895.

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: A depiction of the Breese Stevens house at 401 North Carroll Street. Located in the Mansion Hill neighborhood, the house was built in 1863.

Date: 1855 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Madison. "Taken from the Water Cure, South Side of Lake Monona, 1855."

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A lithograph of the Grace Episcopal Church with the Wisconsin State Capitol in the background.

Date: 1857 

Description: One thousand dollar bond and coupons issued by the Watertown and Madison Railroad Company in 1857. Jairus Fairchild, president, and T.L. Lawrence have sig...

Date: 1889-03-30 

Description: Bird's-eye view from Bascom Hill of Madison, with vignettes of the Wisconsin State Capitol, Lake Monona, and the Capitol Park.

Date: 1921 

Description: Memorial Union from across Langdon Street on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Projected drawing of the Union at its completion. Included is a fe...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of the Bagli log cabin, built in 1844 by Knut Bagli, 1.5 miles south of Utica on the Edgerton Road.

Date: 1871 

Description: University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. From left to right: Ladies Hall, South Dormitory, Bascom Hall, and North Dormitory. Trees are on the hill, and a f...

Print

Park Hotel

Date: 1889 

Description: Park Hotel from a map in the manuscripts division.

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: Fuller & Johnson Manufacturing letterhead. Fuller & Johnson was run by John A. Johnson and was one of Madison's largest employers.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents, with a duotone view across Lake Mendota toward Bascom Hall, with other university buildings and...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Back, front, and inside front cover of the menu from The Restaurant at Baron's department store, with "A Historical Map of Madison" focusing on the isthmus...

Print

Pierce House

Date: 1973 ca.

Description: A sketch of the Pierce Residence at 424 North Pinckney Street. The house is sometimes referred to by the surnames of its other owners: McDonnell, Garnhardt...

Date: 1855-12-02 

Description: The Capital House bill of fare for Sunday, December 2, 1855. Proprietors were Nelson & Russell.

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: An illustration of the Capital House, from the 1858-1859 Madison City Directory. The first-class hotel opened in 1853, was later bought by L.B. Vilas and c...

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the New Stoughton Company, manufacturers of truck cabs and bodies, wagons, bob sleds, spreaders, and "Stoughton Cushioned Trailers," with a t...

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: An advertisement for the A.H. Kayser lumberyard at 204 East Washington Avenue.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.