1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Date: 1883 ca.

Description: Caption on reverse side of stereoview reads, "Governmental buildings, Wisconsin Conservatory of Music and Hospital over Lake Mendota-looking from Capitol P...

Date: 1950-03-29 

Description: Members of Fire Station #5 at 2137 Atwood Avenue gather for the retirement celebration of Fire Caption Glover P. Peterson.

Date: 1876-08-30 

Description: The congregation of the East Blue Mounds Lutheran Church and visiting ministers are gathered for the church dedication. The church was formerly Norsk Evang...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereo view looking south from the post office at the corner of Mifflin Street and Wisconsin Avenue across one corner of the Capitol Square toward Grace Ep...

Date: 1876 

Description: East Blue Mounds Lutheran Church, formerly Norsk Evangelisk Kirke, built in 1868. The graves of Andreas L. Dahl's mother, Berthe Nelsdatter (Lund) Dahlen,...

Date: 1960-06-26 

Description: Dorothy Palmquist and her daughter Heidi break ground for a temporary chapel at 2001 Martha Lane for the Messiah Lutheran congregation. Watching, from lef...


Bascom Hall

Date:  date unknown

Description: The main edifice entrance of Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.


Harvey Lein

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: Harvey Lein, 13, poses with a flock of chickens near a barn. He is wearing a cap and bib overalls and is carrying a bucket. There are bushes blooming in...

Date: 1928-05-04 

Description: Three-quarter rear view of man pulling a P&O (Parlin and Orendorff) Little Wonder plow with a McCormick-Deering 10-20 tractor. Decals are on the tractor an...

Date: 1949-11-09 

Description: Mrs. Dorothy Rainey arranges a children's corner in the Old Rectory Shop at Grace Episcopal Church, located at 116 West Washington Avenue. The shop is the...


Two Young Children

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Two young children look out a window at the F.D. Eyerly residence. The children are dressed in matching, plaid-patterned dresses and stand in front of a la...

Date: 1954-03-31 

Description: City Inspection Superintendent Ray Burt hands the key to City Hall to Merrill Haley, representing the investment group that purchased the building. William...


Pierce House

Date: 1951 

Description: Pierce house (also known as the Garnhardt house), 424 North Pinckney Street. Interior view with desk and large window. Photograph made for the Madison Comm...

Date: 1991-04 

Description: Governor's Conference Room in the Wisconsin State Capitol before restoration returned it to the original exposed cherry wood.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Christ Presbyterian Church from a booklet of views of Madison.

Date: 1974-09 

Description: View across Williamson Street towards the entrance of the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store. There are large display windows along the sidewalk. The storefr...

Date: 1873 before

Description: Elevated view of South Pinckney Street from the Wisconsin State Capitol, with East Washington Avenue to the left and Lake Monona on the distant right. The...

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: Family seated in yard with croquet mallets in front of them with brick house that has soldier coursing at windows and fan window at third story. Daniel Bec...

Date: 1909 

Description: The site of the Electric Light Plant located near railroad tracks. There is a bell tower with a weather vane on the left.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated exterior view of storefront, one half of a stereograph. A man and child are standing in the doorway of the store, and a man in a horse-drawn carri...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: