1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Postcard

Campion College

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Our Lady of the Angels Chapel at Campion College.

Photograph

Tourist Stop

Date: 1925 

Description: View across road of seven young men posing outside of a variety store. Two men have tires placed over their shoulders. The store's sign advertises: "Touris...

Photograph

Tower Foundation

Date: 1898 

Description: View from water tower, showing the grove where Black Hawk's pursuers were supposed to have camped in 1832. The group of men are digging foundations for a...

Date: 1930 

Description: View down street with commercial buildings on the left. There are children on the sidewalk in front of the R.G. Seymour grocery store. Next door is a resta...

Date:  date unknown

Description: This 19th century manuscript map shows land claims near the confluence of the Wisconsin River with the Mississippi River in the Town of Bridgeport, Crawfor...

Photograph

Bell Center Depot

Date: 1916 

Description: Exterior view of the Bell Center depot with five men posing on the platform.

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Ferryville Depot

Date: 1925 

Description: Train stopped at the Ferryville depot. The caption reads, "Limited Going 50 Miles."

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Brisbois Hotel, later part of Campion College.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painting of the second Fort Crawford, built 1829-1835. The first Fort Crawford at Prairie du Chien was built in 1816, abandoned in 1826, r...

Date:  

Description: A man and woman golf on the west lawn of Villa Louis. They are probably members of the Dousman family.

Date: 1961-09-10 ca.

Description: An elevated view, looking westward, of the Kickapoo River Valley.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the north side of town, from high on the bluff.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Tomb in the U.S. Military cemetery.

Photograph

Abandoned Farm

Date: 1964-09-07 ca.

Description: View from slope of an abandoned farm with empty farmhouse and barn in a open area surround by trees and hills.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Blacksmith Shop

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view from across road of a man in overalls standing in front of the Dobson Brothers General Blacksmith and Repair Shop. The Methodist Evangelical...

Date: 1965-07-04 ca.

Description: A rural valley with a stream running through the pasture. In the background, a farm is visible through the trees.

Photograph

Depot and Train

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A moving train departs the Ferryville depot. Two men are near wooden boxes and containers. Four girls sit on the ground near the platform, and one of them...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.