1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: Fuller & Johnson Manufacturing letterhead. Fuller & Johnson was run by John A. Johnson and was one of Madison's largest employers.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: A hose wagon of the Madison fire department racing around the corner of North Pinckney and East Main streets. A dog is chasing the wagon.

Date: 1967-06 

Description: Composite panoramic view of the south side of the 500 block of State Street. Businesses include: (on Gilman Street) Wolf Kubley and Hirsig Toys, Hair House...

Date: 1970-01-11 

Description: Exterior of the top story of the Gilman Press Building, built in 1893, at the corner of 301 North Hamilton and East Johnson Streets. This building housed a...

Photograph

Black Hawk Cave

Date: 1907 

Description: Black Hawk Cave near Lake Mendota.

Date: 1950-02-24 

Description: The prow of the Unitarian Meeting House during construction, with the roof trusses in place. The building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and constructe...

Date: 1908 

Description: Dane County Telephone Co. horse-drawn service and installation wagon. The Wisconsin State Capitol is in the background. “Dad” Schroeder and Oscar Quale are...

Date: 1910-05-30 ca.

Description: Group portrait outdoors of the members of the Lucius Fairchild Post of the Grand Army of the Republic. The man fourth from the left (with the light hat) wa...

Date: 1970-01-18 

Description: Exterior view of the GAR (Grand Army of the Republic) Memorial Hall, 118 Monona Avenue, (Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard as of January 19, 1987). The bui...

Date: 1925 

Description: The corner of State and Fairchild Streets showing Yost-Kessnich's and the Capitol Theatre under construction.

Photograph

Black Hawk Monument

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Monument on University Hills in honor of Sauk Chief Black Hawk.

Photograph

Music Hall

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Elevated view over treetops, perhaps from a roof, of the Music Hall and Library building on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Lake Mendota can be...

Date: 1950-02-24 

Description: The First Unitarian Society Meeting House during construction, as viewed from University Bay Drive, with the roof trusses of the auditorium in place. The...

Date: 1936 after

Description: Rennebohm Drugstore #12 at 2526 Monroe Street. Originally established by pharmacist Harry Consigny, this operation was purchased by Rennebohm in 1936.

Date: 1877 

Description: The Abiel E. Brooks House, built in 1853, with a family group posed on the lawn and porch. Identified (front row, left to right) are Mrs. Noah (Jane Ann) C...

Photograph

The C.A. Coon House

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: An exterior view of a home on S. Henry Street owned by C.A. Coon, an employee in the Department of "R.R. Conservation." The Victorian home has several deco...

Photograph

Willow Drive

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: View of bridge and overhanging tree on Willow Drive at the University.

Date: 1946 

Description: View towards southeast of the University of Wisconsin-Madison on isthmus. Lake Mendota is in the lower left corner, and Lake Monona is in the upper portion...

Photograph

View of Bascom Hall

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Bascom Hill and lower campus vicinity from the roof of the Wisconsin Historical Society, which was then under construction. A large group...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view east along the north shore of Lake Monona, with Madison's east side industrial area in the background. Tall utility poles and railroad tracks follow...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.