1 2 3
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River north of Lake Mendota. Trees are on the banks to the left with foliage throughout. A meadow is on the right.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1023 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer. Winifred Ford, widow of Marcus For...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Painting

Yahara River

Date: 1906 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River at Lake Monona.

Painting

Befriend Nature

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Watercolor design for a conservation poster made by a Wisconsin high school student as part of a competition. The poster has an image of trees in silhouett...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Date: 1884 ca.

Description: Sunrise over Lake Monona and the Madison, Wisconsin isthmus, showing the Wisconsin State Capitol building in the distance.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Painting

Yahara River

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River with trees and foliage on the banks. In the background trees line the far shore.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date:  

Description: House was located at 530 N. Pinckney Street (this is not the house most strongly connected with Swenson called Thorstrand that still exists). According to...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Lansing Hoyt house at 221 Monona Avenue was built in 1873 by Hoyt.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Oil painting of a double row of willow trees on University Bay Drive. A trail winds between them. Boulders line the shore of Lake Mendota on the left. A tu...

Painting

Bascom Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, as it looked in 1859 when built.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.