1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Painting

Mastodon

Date: 1997 

Description: A watercolor of a Mastodon.

Date: 1997 

Description: A painting of an archaic Indian mining for copper.

Painting

Bascom Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, as it looked in 1859 when built.

Date: 1960 

Description: Cover for the 1960 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are some vibrant purple flowers, with a lake in the background. The Wisconsi...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1997 

Description: A watercolor of a group of Indians sitting around a fire under a cliff.

Date: 1966 

Description: Cover for the 1966 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are two pink lady slipper orchids. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded...

Painting

Walker Castle

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date: 1997 

Description: A watercolor of a set of archaic Indian deer hunters with their kill.

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Painting

Law Building

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Law Building, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by Charles S. Frost, and built in 1893 of Lake Superior brown sandstone.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house located at 2709 Sommers Avenue.

Date: 1948 

Description: Cover for the 1948 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a sketch of a tree, a fence, and a small town by a lake. The Wisconsin Fr...

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: Two preliminary watercolors of the right panel of the Centennial Mural in the Wisconsin Historical Society. The panel displays the history of Wisconsin ex...

Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.