1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1948 

Description: Cover for the 1948 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a sketch of a tree, a fence, and a small town by a lake. The Wisconsin Fr...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Benjamin Franklin Hopkins house, 142 East Gilman Street, built by Hopkins about 1850. The house was later owned by Dr. William Jacobs. The square bay...

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Date: 1969 

Description: Cover for the 1969 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a tree with white blossoms, yellow flowers, and a pathway leading up to a...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Watercolor design for a conservation poster made by a Wisconsin high school student as part of a competition. The poster has an image of birch trees in a m...

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1998 

Description: This scene was painted by Seferina Contreras Klinger from memories of her grandmother, Aurelia M. Contreras, and her uncle, Fidel Contreras, who worked pic...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Painting

Wisconsin Beauty

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Watercolor design for a conservation poster made by a Wisconsin high school student as part of a competition. The poster has an image of trees in autumn. B...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Watercolor design for a conservation poster made by a Wisconsin high school student as part of a competition. The poster has an image of pine trees in a me...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.