1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Painting

Dairy Farm

Date: 1948 

Description: A painting of a dairy farm, which was part of the State Fair Centennial mural.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: South Hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison, built in 1855 and designed by John F. Rague.

Date: 1969 

Description: Cover for the 1969 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a tree with white blossoms, yellow flowers, and a pathway leading up to a...

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Painting

Bashford House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Bashford house located at 423 North Pinckney Avenue.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hugo Ballin's "Spirit of Labor" mural from the Wisconsin State Capitol building.

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Painting

Music Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Music Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1851 as the first building on campus.

Date: 1956 

Description: Cover for the 1956 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are some white flowers with green leaves, a lake, and some birds flying in t...

Painting

City Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: City Hall, located at 2 W. MIfflin Street, was built from 1856-1858. The architect was August Kutzbock.

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Date: 1952 

Description: Watercolor painting of a Wolff-Kubly & Hirsig building (the site of the current Wisconsin Historical Museum) under construction.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1023 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer. Winifred Ford, widow of Marcus For...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.