1 2 3
.

Painting

Livesey House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Livesey house located at 719 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1945-10 

Description: Photograph of painted portrait of Joseph McCarthy.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Benjamin Franklin Hopkins house, 142 East Gilman Street, built by Hopkins about 1850. The house was later owned by Dr. William Jacobs. The square bay...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Governor C.C. Washburn house was built in the 1850's and purchased by Samuel H. Marshall before completion, then by Mr. Ashmead of Philadelphia. Washbu...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Painting

City Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: City Hall, located at 2 W. MIfflin Street, was built from 1856-1858. The architect was August Kutzbock.

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Date: 1917 before

Description: Watercolor, painted by Max Otto, of Main Hall (later renamed Bascom Hall) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The watercolor predates the 1917 fire tha...

Date: 1952 

Description: Watercolor painting of a Wolff-Kubly & Hirsig building (the site of the current Wisconsin Historical Museum) under construction.

Date: 1916-03-16 

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 900 block East Gorham Street, ca. 1862-1893

Painting

Bascom Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, as it looked in 1859 when built.

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: Two preliminary watercolors of the right panel of the Centennial Mural in the Wisconsin Historical Society. The panel displays the history of Wisconsin ex...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1939-09 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Hawley house, also called "The Evergreens" located on Route 4 (junction of Oregon Road and County Trunk D).

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.