1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Painting

Cheever's Mill

Date: 1845 ca.

Description: View of Cheever's Mill, located on the St. Croix River.

Date: 1914 

Description: Horlick's Malted Milk Factory.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1842 ca.

Description: American Fur Company with both Mission churches. Sketch purportedly by a Native American youth. Probably an overpainted photographic copy enlargement. Pape...

Date: 1917 before

Description: Watercolor, painted by Max Otto, of Main Hall (later renamed Bascom Hall) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The watercolor predates the 1917 fire tha...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A town scene featuring the blacksmith shop and horses.

Date: 1939-09 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Hawley house, also called "The Evergreens" located on Route 4 (junction of Oregon Road and County Trunk D).

Date:  ca.

Description: A watercolor painting depicting the city of Madison circa 1850-1851.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of large brick building (cooperative store) with three open arches on the porch area, and arched windows. There is a house near a bluff in th...

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: The Newhall House,one of the most magnificent hotels in the United States, opened on August 10, 1856. Amid smaller houses and establishments the hotel was...

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Lucien Stanley Hanks house, located at 216 Langdon Street, was built in 1877.

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: View from Brisbois Point. Prairie du Chien lies below, and beyond the Mississippi river rise Iowa's hills.

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Sunset from Lake Monona.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date: 1881 

Description: Watercolor painting of farm and farmhouse, residence of Mr. Daniel Lewis.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house located at 2709 Sommers Avenue.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.