1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1914 

Description: Horlick's Malted Milk Factory.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: Buildings along Wisconsin River.

Date: 1860-04 ca.

Description: Holzlhuber took the railway to Lake Horicon where he was taken in by the small community that had developed. "They were their own builders of houses and sh...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1917 before

Description: Watercolor, painted by Max Otto, of Main Hall (later renamed Bascom Hall) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The watercolor predates the 1917 fire tha...

Painting

Reid Residence

Date: 1892 

Description: A watercolor drawing by Mrs. James Reid the sister-in-law of William Reid, the homeowner.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painted view of Main Street in Bayfield in 1870 with four cows standing in the street.

Painting

Bascom Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, as it looked in 1859 when built.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...

Painting

Portage

Date: 1855 

Description: Portage.

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of the Roman Catholic community of St. Nazianz.

Date: 1856 

Description: Fox River, with Doty Island to the right. From the painting by Samuel Marsden Brookes and Thomas Stevenson, one of a series commissioned by Morgan L. Marti...

Painting

Main Street

Date: 1938 

Description: View of Main Street, looking north on Gasper Street.

Date: 1937 

Description: Boyhood home of Hamlin Garland.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: The Newhall House,one of the most magnificent hotels in the United States, opened on August 10, 1856. Amid smaller houses and establishments the hotel was...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.