1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date: 1937 

Description: An Ojibwa woman binds bark to the frame of a canoe during construction. An Ojibwa man looks on.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of houses at the corner of 9th and Juneau Streets.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Painting

Woodcutting Bee

Date:  date unknown

Description: Neighbors work together in the final process of sawing firewood, as they saw poles into blocks. The man with the plaid shirt and suspenders is the owner of...

Painting

Farm Painting

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Painting of Paul Seifert farm showing rock formations in background and farm buildings nearby.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Watercolor design for a conservation poster made by a Wisconsin high school student as part of a competition. The poster has an image of pine trees in a me...

Painting

Reid House

Date: 1842 

Description: Watercolor of the Reid House, residence of William Reid at the head of Big Foot Lake (Lake Geneva). Two children and a woman are in the foreground.

Painting

Eben Peck Cabin

Date:  date unknown

Description: Eben Peck Cabin painted by an unknown artist. This is not the original painting done by Mrs. E.E. Bailey.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An Ojibwa man shows a completed bow or stem for a canoe that he's constructing.

Painting

Shelter Madness

Date: 1962 ca.

Description: Humor cover illustration prepared by an unknown artist for Ballantine Books, publisher of the book eventually published under the title "America in Hiding"...

Painting

A Winter Day

Date:  date unknown

Description: On the right, the farmer in his sheepskin coat drives a horsedrawn sled loaded with milk cans to the cheese factory. A blanket is covering the cans to prev...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Painting of farm depicting farmhouse, barn, and windmill. Located east of Gotham on Old Lone Rock Road.

Painting

Bascom Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, as it looked in 1859 when built.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1843 

Description: Portrait of Ellen Clarinda Martin Kneeland.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Waist-up portrait of "Cothren, Montgomery Morrison (Sept. 18, 1819-Oct. 2, 1888), lawyer, politician, judge, b. Jerusalem, N.Y. He moved with his parents t...

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: Due to rainy weather, H√∂lzlhuber stayed a night in the home of Heinrich Cordes, who had purchased his land from an Irishman and built "a pretty brick house...

Date: 1864 

Description: A painting of the Grignon house and surrounding land and water.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.