1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Lucien Stanley Hanks house, located at 216 Langdon Street, was built in 1877.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Governor C.C. Washburn house was built in the 1850's and purchased by Samuel H. Marshall before completion, then by Mr. Ashmead of Philadelphia. Washbu...

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: Holzlhuber describes this farm in his journal: "This farm is situated in the midst of fertile soil which had already been cultivated for several miles far...

Painting

Seifert Painting

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Elevated view of farm.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1881 

Description: Watercolor painting of farm and farmhouse, residence of Mr. Daniel Lewis.

Painting

Silo Filling

Date:  date unknown

Description: Farmers work cooperatively with their horse teams on silo-filling activities early in autumn. Rows of green forage are created in the fields and carried to...

Painting

Abram D. Smith

Date:  date unknown

Description: Waist-up seated portrait of Abram D. Smith.

Painting

Haying Time

Date:  date unknown

Description: A farm boy rides the "hay-fork horse" as the farmer loads hay into the barn during haying time in July.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Date: 1862-03 

Description: Ossawattamie, Kansas, as it appeared at the time the 12th Wisconsin Volunteer's passed through on their march from Leavenworth to Fort Scott in March of 18...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Painting

Farm Painting

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Painting of Paul Seifert farm showing rock formations in background and farm buildings nearby.

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of houses at the corner of 9th and Juneau Streets.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A woman waiting by her mailbox receives a Sears Roebuck catalog delivered by her mail carrier who drives a horsedrawn wagon. The farmhouse and barn are vis...

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: This house was located amongst the Chippewa (Ojibwa) Indians, and is where Holzlhuber took shelter one night after he and his large group danced with the f...

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.