1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1939-09 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Hawley house, also called "The Evergreens" located on Route 4 (junction of Oregon Road and County Trunk D).

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: South Hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison, built in 1855 and designed by John F. Rague.

Date: 1862-03 

Description: Ossawattamie, Kansas, as it appeared at the time the 12th Wisconsin Volunteer's passed through on their march from Leavenworth to Fort Scott in March of 18...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Lucien Stanley Hanks house, located at 216 Langdon Street, was built in 1877.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Date: 1858-08 ca.

Description: The farm of Jack Smith, an Irishman who immigrated to Canada with his wife and three sons. There they worked to cultivate a huge complex of land.

Painting

Camp Randall

Date: 1862 ca.

Description: Photograph of a watercolor of a view of Camp Randall, from the northeast. Scene set on rolling hills, shows tents, buildings, horses and military members i...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Governor C.C. Washburn house was built in the 1850's and purchased by Samuel H. Marshall before completion, then by Mr. Ashmead of Philadelphia. Washbu...

Painting

Farm Painting

Date:  date unknown

Description: Farm painting of the Pierson Young residence.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Painting

Farm Painting

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Painting of Paul Seifert farm showing rock formations in background and farm buildings nearby.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hand oil painted holiday card on wood. The scene is a seashore with foliage and rocks, two houses in the distance, and a snow-covered mountain in the backg...

Date:  

Description: House was located at 530 N. Pinckney Street (this is not the house most strongly connected with Swenson called Thorstrand that still exists). According to...

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: As late as 1840 this house was the only one in Milwaukee; all around were Native Americans that came to trade with Solomon Juneau, a fur trader. The owner...

Painting

Iometah

Date: 1858 

Description: Portrait of Iometah.

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: The finished farm of Ranzer, it started out with much toil and sweat. The tile and brick house now sits amid the shacks the family lived in during the firs...

Date: 1856 

Description: "....The third view was twelve miles farther up the river [from De Pere], at Rapid Croche, on the border of the present Brown and Outagamie counties. It is...

Painting

Portage Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "After painting a number of Fox River scenes, "the artists continued their way to Fond du Lac, at the south end of Lake Winnebago, where they found some mo...

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center....[One of them] is Little Chute, one of the pleasantes...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.