1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of Sweet Clover School near the end of the school year in late April or early May. Cows graze in an adjoining pasture and a farmer is complet...

Date: 1881 

Description: Watercolor painting of farm and farmhouse, residence of Mr. Daniel Lewis.

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: Hofmann and three sons had emigrated in 1848 from the Rhine region to northern Wisconsin. Initially they had no neighbors for a distance of four to five ho...

Painting

Farm Painting

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Painting of Paul Seifert farm showing rock formations in background and farm buildings nearby.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Ink and watercolor of prehistoric mounds near the mouth of Haigs Creek and the Scioto River.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The home of Moses Strong, a prominent attorney, politician, speculator and land agent who moved to Wisconsin Territory and settled in Mineral Point in 1836...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Painting of farm depicting farmhouse, barn, and windmill. Located east of Gotham on Old Lone Rock Road.

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Sunset from Lake Monona.

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hand oil painted holiday card on wood. The scene is a seashore with foliage and rocks, two houses in the distance, and a snow-covered mountain in the backg...

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: H√∂lzlhuber located this farm at about three German miles from Stevens Point. The region's soil was quite fertile. A wooden dwelling house stood in the mids...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Date: 1856 

Description: "....The third view was twelve miles farther up the river [from De Pere], at Rapid Croche, on the border of the present Brown and Outagamie counties. It is...

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Benjamin Franklin Hopkins house, 142 East Gilman Street, built by Hopkins about 1850. The house was later owned by Dr. William Jacobs. The square bay...

Date: 1823 

Description: British evacuation of their fort at Prairie du Chien after the end of the War of 1812. Fort Shelby, the first fort at Prairie du Chien, was built in 1814 b...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.