1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Painting

Haying Time

Date:  date unknown

Description: A farm boy rides the "hay-fork horse" as the farmer loads hay into the barn during haying time in July.

Date: 1973 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a river cascading over rocks, and some trees in the foreground. The Wisconsin...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A painting depicting Marquette and Joliet in a birch bark canoe with two other men during their excursion on the Mississippi River, which they discovered o...

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: The finished farm of Ranzer, it started out with much toil and sweat. The tile and brick house now sits amid the shacks the family lived in during the firs...

Date: 1972 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a red wing blackbird perching on cattail flowers in a body of water. The Wisco...

Date: 1964 

Description: The tractor-trailer used to transport and display the world's largest cheese at the 1964 World's Fair held in New York. The 34,591 pound cheddar was made i...

Painting

Portage Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "After painting a number of Fox River scenes, "the artists continued their way to Fond du Lac, at the south end of Lake Winnebago, where they found some mo...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of large brick building (cooperative store) with three open arches on the porch area, and arched windows. There is a house near a bluff in th...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center....[One of them] is Little Chute, one of the pleasantes...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Date: 1948 

Description: Cover for the 1948 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a sketch of a tree, a fence, and a small town by a lake. The Wisconsin Fr...

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Sunset from Lake Monona.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Painting of farm depicting farmhouse, barn, and windmill. Located east of Gotham on Old Lone Rock Road.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of Sweet Clover School near the end of the school year in late April or early May. Cows graze in an adjoining pasture and a farmer is complet...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.