1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hand oil painted holiday card on wood. The scene is a seashore with foliage and rocks, two houses in the distance, and a snow-covered mountain in the backg...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date: 1914 

Description: Horlick's Malted Milk Factory.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

Date: 1960 

Description: Cover for the 1960 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are some vibrant purple flowers, with a lake in the background. The Wisconsi...

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1972 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a red wing blackbird perching on cattail flowers in a body of water. The Wisco...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house located at 2709 Sommers Avenue.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An Indian man sits in front of a dwelling forming a bow or stem for a canoe that he's making.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Date: 1966 

Description: Cover for the 1966 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are two pink lady slipper orchids. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An Ojibwa man and woman melt pitch in a pot over an open fire in a forest. The pitch will be used to seal a canoe that they're making.

Painting

De Pere Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "....At De Pere they stopped on the west shore for a broad sketch of the dwellings clustered on both sides of the river. The distant dam, the mills, wareho...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An Ojibwa Indian man splits cedar wood to make ribs for the canoe he's constructing.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.