1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1884 ca.

Description: Sunrise over Lake Monona and the Madison, Wisconsin isthmus, showing the Wisconsin State Capitol building in the distance.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: A full circle panorama as it would be seen from the top of the Wisconsin State Capitol. This painting was based on photographs perhaps taken by Edward Niel...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Benjamin Franklin Hopkins house, 142 East Gilman Street, built by Hopkins about 1850. The house was later owned by Dr. William Jacobs. The square bay...

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: A watercolor of the right panel of the Centennial Mural in the Wisconsin Historical Society. This panel displays the history of Wisconsin exploration, mos...

Painting

Peck Cabin

Date: 1837 ca.

Description: This is an amateur painting of the Peck Cabin representing the "first house in Madison, Wisconsin." The "Peck Cabin" is a variation signed "Meinhard, Madi...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.

Date: 1917 before

Description: Watercolor, painted by Max Otto, of Main Hall (later renamed Bascom Hall) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The watercolor predates the 1917 fire tha...

Painting

Eben Peck Cabin

Date: 1891 ca.

Description: The Eben Peck cabin, the first house in Madison, Wisconsin, was built in June, 1837. In 1891 young Isabella Dengel (1878-1904) based this painting of the c...

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.