1 2 3 4 5
.

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: Two preliminary watercolors of the right panel of the Centennial Mural in the Wisconsin Historical Society. The panel displays the history of Wisconsin ex...

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: A watercolor of the right panel of the Centennial Mural in the Wisconsin Historical Society. This panel displays the history of Wisconsin exploration, mos...

Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.

Painting

Yahara River

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River, somewhere between Lake Monona and Lake Mendota.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Painting

Neckerman House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Neckerman house, located at 208-212 (210-214?) Monona Avenue, (now Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard), built by General David Atwood and his partner Ro...

Painting

Yahara River

Date: 1906 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River at Lake Monona.

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date:  ca.

Description: A watercolor painting depicting the city of Madison circa 1850-1851.

Painting

Yahara River

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River. Trees and foliage line the banks.

Date: 1875 

Description: An artist's depiction of the first State Fish Hatchery (aka Nevin Fish Hatchery, 3911 Fish Hatchery Rd).

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Benjamin Franklin Hopkins house, 142 East Gilman Street, built by Hopkins about 1850. The house was later owned by Dr. William Jacobs. The square bay...

Date: 1945-10 

Description: Photograph of painted portrait of Governor Walter Goodland.

Date: 1939-09 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Hawley house, also called "The Evergreens" located on Route 4 (junction of Oregon Road and County Trunk D).

Date:  date unknown

Description: Painting of a human figure dancing. The background is decorated with dots and lines in various colors. At the bottom the caption reads: "Virginia Davis Dan...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.