1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Painting

Walker Castle

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Painting

Bashford House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Bashford house located at 423 North Pinckney Avenue.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: South Hall, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by John F. Rague, and built in 1855 as the second University building. It was used initially for gene...

Date: 1875 

Description: An artist's depiction of the first State Fish Hatchery (aka Nevin Fish Hatchery, 3911 Fish Hatchery Rd).

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Governor C.C. Washburn house was built in the 1850's and purchased by Samuel H. Marshall before completion, then by Mr. Ashmead of Philadelphia. Washbu...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house located at 2709 Sommers Avenue.

Painting

Eben Peck Cabin

Date: 1837 

Description: Exterior of the Eben Peck cabin.

Painting

City Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: City Hall, located at 2 W. MIfflin Street, was built from 1856-1858. The architect was August Kutzbock.

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Painting

Livesey House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Livesey house located at 719 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...

Date: 1952 

Description: Watercolor painting of a Wolff-Kubly & Hirsig building (the site of the current Wisconsin Historical Museum) under construction.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: John H. Knight house, 28 East Gilman Street, built by Napoleon B. Van Slyke in 1858. Later owned by Knight, then Dr. George Keenan.

Painting

Bascom Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, as it looked in 1859 when built.

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.