1 2 3
.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: State Normal School. A distant view of the campus.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Lakeside Sanitarium located on Washington Street.

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: Campus of the State Normal School.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of the S.A. Cook Armory Company, no. 1.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of St. Mary's Hospital.

Date: 1911 

Description: Diamond Match Company. At the time of its building it was the largest such factory in America.

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof, and a large wrap-around porch.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the front of St. Mary's Church.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Statue of Chief Oshkosh of the Menominee Tribe. Sculpted by Trentanove and located in Menominee Park. The statue honors the man who gave his name to the...

Postcard

Clark Hospital

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Clark Hospital.

Postcard

Fox River

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: Boat "Thistle" with riders on Fox River. People standing on shore.

Postcard

Doty Loggery

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the home of Governor James Duane Doty on Doty's Island, "the loggery."

Postcard

Post Office

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Post Office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Elevated view of street and some buildings.

Postcard

Doty Loggery

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Front view of the home of Janes Duane Doty on Doty's Island, "the loggery."

Postcard

State College

Date: 1916 ca.

Description: A building on the campus of Wisconsin State College (State Normal School).

Postcard

Sawyer House

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of the residence of Philetus Sawyer, mayor of Oshkosh from 1863-1864. Sawyer was also a U.S. Senator in 1881, and died in 1900. This residence is lo...

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof.

Postcard

Schurz Monument

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: The Carl Schurz Monument, presented to the city by John Hicks in 1914. Sculpted by Karl Bitter.

Postcard

Stein's Shop

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: A view of Stein's Shop, "The World's Unique Shop". A colored postcard of the women's clothing store.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.