1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of St. Mary's Hospital.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the front of St. Mary's Church.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View of the Fox River with power plants and paper mills.

Postcard

Paine Lumber Co.

Date: 1911 

Description: Log entrance of the Paine Lumber Co. Edward L. Paine founded the lumber mill in 1853 on the east bank of the Fox River.

Postcard

Hotel Athearn

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Hotel Athearn, which was built across the street from the Grand Opera House. Designed by William Waters.

Postcard

High School

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: Exterior of Neenah High School.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Island Paper Mill and dam in Menasha.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of Presbyterian Church.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Passenger station of the Chicago and Northwestern Railway.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Chicago & Northwestern Railway Passenger Station. Side view with two horses standing next to station.

Postcard

Doty Loggery

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the home of Governor James Duane Doty on Doty's Island, "the loggery."

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Island Paper Mill and dam in Menasha

Postcard

Post Office

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Post Office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Postcard

Barn

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Old Stone Barn, built by Harrison Reed in 1847.

Postcard

Schurz Monument

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: The Carl Schurz Monument, presented to the city by John Hicks in 1914. Sculpted by Karl Bitter.

Postcard

Hull House

Date: 1907-10-29 

Description: Black and white postcard of Hull House. The house was built in the Italianate style around 1850. Farm outbuildings are visible in the background. The house...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking down Washington Street.

Postcard

Doty Loggery

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Front view of the home of James Duane Doty on Doty's Island, "the loggery," built in 1844.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Oshkosh Public Library. The cornerstone was laid in May of 1899, and the library was finally complete in September of 1900. Located on...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Paper mill, built in 1865-66 and called the Neenah Paper Mill; it was run by a stock copany composed of Nathan Cobb, president; Hiram Smith, secretary and...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.