1
.

Date: 1931 

Description: An advertisement for H.C. Netherwood Printing Company (formerly) at 519 State Street in Madison, Wisconsin.

Date: 1859 ca.

Description: An illustration of the Capital House, from the 1858-1859 Madison City Directory. The first-class hotel opened in 1853, was later bought by L.B. Vilas and c...

Date:  ca.

Description: An advertisement for the Wisconsin State Journal, promoted as "the only Republican paper," from the 1898-1899 Madison City Directory.

Date:  ca.

Description: An advertisement for "The Times" from the 1892-1893 Madison City Directory.

Date: 1873 

Description: An advertisement for John N. Jones, Dealer in Hardware, which appeared in the 1873 Madison City Directory.

Date:  

Description: A magazine advertisement for Madison Kipp lubricators featuring a man operating a La Crosse Happy Farmer tractor with a three bottom plow.

Date: 1931 

Description: Label submitted to the state of Wisconsin for trademark registration. "Badger Club Special, A special process brew, alcoholic content less than 1/2 of 1% b...

Date:  

Description: Label submitted to the State of Wisconsin for trademark registration. "Garver's Poultry Mashes." Yellow, blue and red label with the drawing of a chicken.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: A Capital City Mills advertisement from the 1894-1895 Madison City Directory.

Date: 1858 

Description: Advertisement for the Madison Brewery operated from John Rodermund that appeared in the 1858 City Directory.

Date: 1884 

Description: A sign for Fauerbach's Brewery depicting a young woman and the brewery. It was Madison's first brewery in 1848 and run by Peter Sprecher until bought by Pe...

Print

Beer Is Back

Date: 1933 

Description: Card advertising the return of beer for sale at the end of Prohibition. The card offered free delivery of Blatz Old Heidelberg brew to all parts of Madison...

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: An advertisement for the A.H. Kayser lumberyard at 204 East Washington Avenue.

Date: 1890 

Description: Advertisement for Madison Hospital, 413-415 South Baldwin Street. Also known as the Gill & Boyd Hospital, opened in 1889 and existed for just a few years.

Date: 1948-09-02 

Description: An illustration of a U-Select-It automatic vending machine mounted on a wall and filled with candy bars. Made by the Coan Manufacturing Co., 2070 Helena St...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Eleven portraits of young costumed students appear in an advertisement reading "Leo Kehl Dancers To Appear In Recital."

1

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.