1 2 3
.

Date: 1870 

Description: During the War of 1812, the only battle fought in Wisconsin was in Prairie du Chien, in 1814. Made fifty-six years later, this birds eye drawing depicts th...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date: 1858 

Description: This map shows streets, lots, and landownership. Also included are notations in pencil and blue colored pencil. Some lots are colored in blue, green, or...

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: The offices of the American Fur Company.

Photograph

View of Town

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Dr. Jesse Rowley driving the buggy. Dr. Rowley was a co-founder of the Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Photograph

Mississippi River

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: Mississippi River from the Brisbois Mansion. Left to right: Dousman House Hotel, railroad station, electrical plant smoke stack, Diamond Jo warehouse, and...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Photograph

Pile-Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over the Mississippi River.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Villa Louis, also known as Dousman Mansion, in an aerial view.

Date: 1934-07-28 

Description: This map shows buildings and dimensions of Fort Crawford and hospital overlaid on a plat of existing lots, streets, and closed streets.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: This map is ink, color, and pencil on paper and shows streets, farm lots, and a church. Hand written notes appear at the bottom of the map and are very li...

Photograph

Highway Bridge

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Highway bridge over the Mississippi River, erected in 1931-1932. View looking west toward Iowa.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View of the Burlington Railroad tracks south of the city, near Campion College.

Map or Atlas

Railroad Plan

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Railroad plan of Prairie du Chien.

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Commercial Hotel.

Photograph

View of Town

Date:  date unknown

Description: 1. Stone Astor Fur Co. building built in 1808. 2. Voth Cottage, built in 1930. 3. Brisbois mansion, built 1808, by Michael Brisbois. 4. Site of Hudson...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.